Friday, March 14, 2008

Miserable day in

Yesterday, I had to spend the whole day without tv and internet connection due to some communication problem which lasted pretty much the whole day. The problem started shortly after Ash left for work I think, because he was using the internet (which apparently was still working then) while I was preparing lunch till around 2.


The porblem started when I tried to on the tv only to get nothing on my set except a black screen with white dots which seems to be screaming at me "Shut the damn tv coz it's not working anyway!!!". So I went into the study room to check my mail a while while the tv network recover itself.


To my dismay, the internet connection was down as well. It reminded me of a scene from Gremlins where the little vicious monsters tamper with the antennna to probably lure the victim out of the house or just to amuse themselves -_-


So, I returned to the living room, and sat down at the sofa, wondering about the things I could do. I could go to the gym, but I was just too lazy, so I took out my iPod, connect the speakers to it, and started scrapbooking in the living room. It managed to keep me occupied for probably an hour, before I realised that the stock cards I bought to frame the pictures are torn off when I tried to cut the framing piece out "-____-


With nothing better to do, I tried to on the tv again and alas! It's working again! So, I happily sat in front of the tv, surfing the channels, and managed to catch Ice Age before it starts at 6pm.


Just as it reaches the part where Diego passed out after taking a blow for Manfred, the black screen and white dots appear again, leaving me sitting wide-mouthed in the miserable corner of the sofa. I almost wanted to slam the cable box on the carpeted floor. Seriously.


I gave up after a few desperate attempts and went to take a shower before having dinner.


The connection did not recover until almost midnight. So I spent 4 agonising hours eating, reading the magazines, playing all the games that is in the system and doesn't require an internet connection (see how bored I am), and sending text messages to poor Ash who's at work to let him know how miserable I feel.


At a minute just before midnight, I went out to try if the cable connection is still down, and I have never felt happier in my life (I'm not exaggerating) to find it working again, for good.


That's the downside of getting your tv cable with your internet subscription in a bundle, when anything happen to one, the other suffer as well, and pray to god it happens when you are sleeping and recovers when you wake.

No comments: