Been 2 weeks since I last updated, and more than a month since Sparkie's homecoming.
He's growing well, making himself comfortably at home, and bonding well with us. He still have ocassional diarrhoea (1-2 times a day), but there is not much bleeding these few days (the only time there is blood in his stool this week was 2 days ago, and there is only a drop, which is great, considering the condition he was in when I first brought him home).
I tried weighing him on the normal weighing scale a few days ago but the reading came out ridiculously low. The first reading I got was 1.8kg, and I realised that his front paws was off the scale. So, I put him back on the scale (luckily he's not a big breed so he was able to have all 4 paws on the scale without any difficulty), and it read 2.8kg this time (around 6lbs). He was 7lbs around a month ago and it seems impossible that he lost weight since I know for sure he's getting bigger.
When Ash came home that night, I told him about the incident and he told me that the normal weighing scale (intended for human usage) will be inaccurate if you're weighing something/someone below 6kg. I thought through it and came up with a brilliant idea to get an accurate reading for Sparkie's weight (at least I think it's more accurate than 2.8kg).
First, I stand on the scale and take my reading. In order to make sure the reading is correct, I stood on the scale again. Both readings were the same. Then, I picked Sparkie up in my arms, and stood on the scale with him. His weight (according to the method I used) is 4.6kg (10lbs). See, I knew he got heavier, much heavier (starting to ache if I hold him for more than 5 mins).
I've started training him a few days ago, since I feel that he is physically and mentally ready for obedience training. He starts to understand the "wait" command, and I introduced him to the "down" and "up" commands today. Notice I hadn't taught him one of the very first thing you will want to teach a dog - sit. Well, he was basically sitting most of the time (even before I can open my mouth). Will have to figure out a way to teach him to sit.
A few days ago, Ash's upper lip cracked (probably due to the heat) and it was so swollen and so bad it looked like there is a mini burnt sausage hanging on his mouth. It looks like he kissed a scorpion/bee/snake/something-venomous and got a love bite from it. He looked poisoned. It wasn't me, swear to god.
Last night, he couldn't take it anymore so he decided to peel off the dried out skin and dried blood that had formed on the lips and luckily for him, it got better today, much better. The lip was no longer as swollen, and the crack is not as severe.
As for me, I had finally sent in my supporting documents to ACCA. Unfortunately, they need to take 6-8 weeks to process and I couldn't start studying for the papers since I have no idea which papers am I exempted and which are not, so I couldn't purchase the study materials even with the publishers' contact.
We are planning on a 2nd trip this August. We will be visiting Los Angeles and San Diego this time. We will be going to Disneyland, Universal Studio, Legoland, Sea World, and of course, there will be shopping at the outlet malls. Ash originally planned to go next month but their Chief Commander is returning to Singapore this July, which means there will be a parade, and so his leave application was not approved. We will be travelling along with Jaslin and his husband, as well as one of Ash's colleagues.
Almost half a year since I'm here. Yet to accomplish much (other than fulfilling my longtime wish of getting a dog), but had been enjoying myself so far. It is definitely a whole new phase in my life, newly wed, whole new environment, new role, new responsibility. I'm still learning, stumbling, but never failing to get back on my feet, because I have a family now to call my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment