Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New hairdo

Nothing much to update. Everything has been virtually the same everyday - wake, eat, bring Sparkie out for a walk, surf net, watch tv, eat, play with Sparkie, watch tv, eat, train Sparkie, watch tv, sleep, wake, eat, bring Sparkie out for a walk...

Sparkie's been well though. There's no more bloody poop, although there's still ocassional diarrhoea. We try to bring him to the park weekly/biweekly so that he has a few acres of land to run freely. We had him shaved at his body because it's getting warmer, and he looks so funny - with a poofy head and a fluffy tail - but, nevertheless, still as adorable, and super lovable.




- Sparkie - poofy-headed, fluffy-tailed, and body-shaved -



- White hairless rat -



- What did I say? Still so adorable and super lovable!! -



- Still the same old lazy Sparkie -



- Doesn't he look like a cat from hindsight? *purr* -



- Sparkie: 'Will you stop it already?' "-_- -



- Sparkie: 'Daddy~~ make mummy stop!!' -



He is getting more playful by the day. I'm happy to see that he's so active now, not so much like the sickly pup I brought home.


Last fri, Ash had a day off, so we went on a short trip - to Phoenix, about 100 miles away. We set off at about 8am and had breakfast with Jaslin, Junxiang (Jaslin's hubby and Ash's colleague), and Jinsheng (Ash's colleague). I was a bit bored of my long rebonded hair (I'm starting to feel that it's elongating my face too much and making me horse-faced) so I decided to try out a new hairdo (not really new new, but DIY new - had my hair curled at my wedding). As you might have guessed, I woke up at around 6.45am to set my hair. The result was amazing, considering the fact that all I used for the hairdo was a couple of ponytail holders, the hairdryer, hairspray, and a bottle of styling spray.




- A new me - in Jinsheng's car, on the way to breakfast -



The wave didn't last very long (despite the fact that I sprayed ample hairspray all over). By mid day, my hair was almost back to it's original form, but with little waves here and there. Probably I should look for a stronger styling spray.


I liked the effects very much (at least at the very beginning), it's not too "perfect", not overly done, and somehow, I thought it refreshes my features. Most importantly, it doesn't make me look too old (at least that's what I thought). Definitely worth trying again, with a spray that has a stronger hold.


Thought of going to the salon to have my hair permed, but worried that it might not come out the way that I wanted it to be, then it will be a waste of money and waste of time. So, in the meanwhile, will stick to DIY-ing. Not that bad afterall. You can curl it when you want, straighten it if you like, and it's more affordable. Time is not a factor, since I have lots - well, at least at the moment.


Also, I have started experimenting with makeup. I bought lots of covergirl makeup as a start. You can see the bronzer effect in the above picture. I decided to go with natural colours because well, they are more natural, not too heavy, just the way I like it.


My ACCA application is still in process. Might not be able to take my first set of papers this Dec afterall. Sad.


I had a weird dream last night. In the series of weird dreams, the green chilli padi I bought last weekend turned red, my mum came all the way from Singapore to look for me to borrow few hundred bucks from me (the airfare costs more than that), I was busy with something while my mahjong kahkis continued without me (3 of them), and speaking of weird, one of them was a friend of mine who backstabbed me back in poly. How weird is that?


1.5 year more to go...and still counting down...


No comments: