Sparkie will be coming home in 4 day's time. In the meanwhile, I kept myself busy reading up books on raising puppies so that I can be a better pet parent to him.
We went to visit him again last Sunday and he was still coughing =( to top it off, we saw blood in his stool. I told the staff there and she told me they will send the stool to test for parasites. She gave me a list of veteranians to call to fix an appointment next weekday so in case Sparkie is infested with parasites we can get him treated earlier. I really hope he will get well soon.
Recently, I had gotten closer to one of the wives here, Jaslin. We both had a common topic now (other than husbands) - dog. She bought a Shi Tzu about 3 weeks ago and it is so adorable it took my mind off Sparkie for a while. It has been hard, being away from him, knowing he's sick and there's nothing much I can do for him.
In any case, the 2 weeks of wait is well-spent. It gave me more time to get prepared to bring him back to a safe environment (it gave Ash more time to accept him too, which is good).
Ash had been very supportive and recently, I can feel that he's more receptive towards the idea of having a puppy around the house (if not excited!). Really can't wait for Sparkie to come home. Miss him so much =(

2 comments:
Be sure to puppy-proof your house. Westies are known for their energy. Also, they tend to have sensitive skin and stomach, so you'll have to balance out their diet. Do check up on good vets, as in those who don't breed to sell. Often, puppies are just churned out to be sold without any further care, and they can end up sickly and with inherent illnesses that appear only later.
Had been keeping away stuff around the house the past few days, like newspapers and magazines under the coffee table, stuff dangling from the closet door, etc. Will keep an eye on him. Thanks for your advice =)
Post a Comment