Thursday, September 20, 2007

3rd Anniversary

Tomorrow will be 22nd Sept 2007 (our 3rd anniversary). Time flies, and we are moving forward to our 4th year together...


It has been like a roller coaster ride with him, going through all the ups and downs together in life. There are times when I feel like I'm the most fortunate womam on earth, and there are times when I really really feel like ending our relationship. He is more than anything I can possibly ask for, someone who truly loves me from the bottom of his heart, cares about me, loves me for who I am, don't mind washing my dishes for me, don't mind my laziness, and most importantly, he is a "planner" person (which I am not) and appreciates the virtue of thriftiness (which I don't), though sometimes I find him quite a scrooge (ooops).


I remember when I first got to know him, he was a very bad-tempered and straightforward person. I was (more often than not) the one to pacify him, to admit that I'm in the wrong, and to apologize. He was also not a very appreciative person. He doesn't appreciate others for the things that they had done for him, especially so for his mother's case. Along the way, he changed for the better. He learnt to control his temper better, to hold back his tongue and be more sensitive to other's feelings (although I feel it's not enough yet), and learnt not to take things for granted.


I changed too. I was the one who used to give in a lot more than he do. Now, things turned around. He is the one to give in most of the time. It's like the 2 of us just kind of "switched". Maybe this is how a relationship balance off (hahaz).


I used to spend a lot of time and effort doing things for him, especially so during our first few months together. However, I eventually ceased doing things for him (might be due to the fact that he did not really appreciate what I did). I don't remember what causes such a change, but I just did.


Now, I'm starting to get back the "momentum" of thinking about things to do for him, things to do to make him happy...and I'm glad such a feeling came back.


There are also negative traits in him (at least I personally don't like my guy to possess such traits). He is not the kind of guy who will send you flowers for no apparent reason to your office (1stly, this thought whould not have even crossed his mind. 2ndly, even if it crossed his mind, he would not even think of doing it. 3rdly, even if he wanted to carry out such an activity, he would not do it in the end after much thought). Or the kind of guy who will bring you to a hill top to watch a sunrise (1stly, he thinks it's a waste of time. 2ndly, he thinks it's unhealthy to stay up so late. 3rdly, he cannot do without sleep).


In general, the word "romance" happens to be missing in his dictionary. Most of the weekends we spent together will be nua-ing at home (either his or mine). He doesn't suggest bringing me places or even going out (1stly, he wants to save money. 2ndly, he is the kind of guy who like to stay at home). Most of the times that we happen to be outside of the house will either be because I suggested or there are things that we need to buy or do or look around for.


He is also an insensitive guy (really like a block of wood, no kidding).


At first, I couldn't get used to the lack of romance or sensitivity (probably because my previous bf has plenty of them). Along the way, we quarreled many times over these matters, and I tried asking him to change, and he tried changing, but eventually I give up...


Because I learnt that loving someone means accepting him for who he is, and see no flaws in him. He was the one who taught me this, for he loves me as who I am. I will start to think more about those that he did for me, than those that he did not. This is how we manage our relationship...and I'm learning...


Actually, he is not a totally un-romantic person. Like our 3rd anniversary, I thought he wouldn't remember (you know how good guys are at remembering such things), or would just want to stay at home. But that day, he asked me whether I'm working on Sat (would I work on our 3rd anniversary when I have a choice?? Maybe a few decades later.) and I said no. You should see his face.


God...I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Been such a long time since I had such a sweet feeling. Really excited. Maybe I will post an entry of our whole day together tomorrow ^_^


Life with him is really like a ride on a roller coaster...

No comments: