Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Family Members!!

In case some of you start wondering, no, I'm NOT PREGNANT...hahaz...


After a few days of pestering, I finally got him to get me a pair of super-duper adorable hamsters. Initially I suggested that we get a puppy, since I am alone at home most of the time and I could use some company, and a dog is the ideal pet to get as I had been dying to get one for the past 20+ years (abit exaggerated, but very close). But he is strongly against the idea and so I kept bugging him for a few days (even before he sleep) and we both gave ways and decided on getting hamsters.


They are adorable because they are hamsters, and they are super-duper adorable coz they are Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters!! They are so tiny that even adults only measure 4-5cm, and they are so cute I haven't think of a name for them. We just bought them last sun and they haven't left my sight since then. I kept my eyes on them every chance I get because I don't want to miss out any moment that they are active (they are nocturnal, so there are seldom times when I get to see them active, other than coming out of theit cozy little hideout to grab some food and water).


However, them came out to play just when I started blogging. I think they must be hungry, sleeping for so long, probably hibernating. Normally it would just be the smaller one coming out, running around, biting on the wire enclosing them (either trying to escape or grinding her teeth), exploring the small spaces in their home, etc. Today, the elder one came out first. Seeing that she is munching on the remaining food in their bowl, I decided to get them some fresh food. About 2-3 secs after I added fresh food in their bowl, I saw the smaller robo's nose poking out of their hideout (super cute loh), and she too, came out to grab some bites.


Not wanting to waste the chance, I quickly ran to my room, grabbed my camera, and took some shots of them together.



- The 2 anonymous (as of 29th Jan 08) robos munching on on their favourite food of all time - sunflower seeds!! -



- Still busy munching away -



- "What you looking at, huh?" -



- A clearer view of the adorable pair -



Probably I should get one more robo, then together, they can form the female version of Alvin and the Chipmunks, lol. Then I would call the bigger one (existing) Amy (replacing Alvin), the smaller one Tiffany (replacing Theodore), and the new one with specs Sammie (replacing Simon). LOLZ.


They really remind me of the chipmunks.







- Can take pictures with them... -



- ...bring them drinking... -



- ...bring them shopping... -



- ...shower them with love and gifts... -



- ...coz they are SOOOOOOOOO cute... -



- ...especially Theodore!!!! -




The show is really nice. They are super adorable. I think my robos are the closest to them (in terms of the degree of adorable-ness and probably their looks, other than the fact that they are both rodents). Lolz.


Anyway, Amy and Tiffany (their temporary names) went back in to their hideout. Probably sleeping again...hahaz...aren't they cute? Gtg wash clothes liao. Will update again soon =)

No comments: