Yesterday, Ash was on night shift, so I was home alone for quite a while.
So, as usual, I spent most of the time on the internet (that was when I decided to check my mail, blog, and read up recipes), watching TV, and tidying up the apartment. Most of the time when he's on night shift, I will try to wait up for him because I don't feel safe sleeping without double-locking the door (there are 2 locks on our door, 1 of which can be locked/unlocked by the key, and the other 1 is locked/unlocked only from within, so normally when I have to go to bed and he's still not home, I will unlock the 2nd lock before going to bed). Most nights he will reach home around 2/3+ am, so last night, when I start to feel bored and tired at around 1.30am, I called him on his cell phone to check if he's coming home anytime soon. To my surprise, he was already in the parking lot of our apartment.
So, I waited while he make his way up, and went on to open the door for him when he reached the doorstep. Usually, I will just wait for him in the living room watching the TV while he shower and have supper (he will normally be hungry by the time he's home and will have bread/cereal before going to bed, but surprise surprise, he lost 4kg within a month anyway "-_- wth). However, last night, I was so tired, I decided to check if he's hungry, so that if he's not eating anything before going to bed, then I will just brush my teeth and go to bed. He said he's hungry and would like to eat the pizza that he brought home the night before.
Since he will take some time to bath and the pizza need only a few minutes to heat up, I went back into the living room to continue surfing the channels (nothing much interesting late at night, and it's too late to watch any movies).
After Ash had his shower, he came out and went in to the room again, which, thinking back, is quite unusual as he will normally prepare whatever he want to eat quickly and just sit beside me (think I was too tired to think). Seeing that he's already done showering, I took out the pizza from the fridge and put them in the microwave to reheat the slices, and continued my channel-surfing while waiting for the pizza to be ready. After probably 2 mins or so, Ash came back out into the living room, carrying a plastic bag. I was curious about the plastic bag that came out from our room, because from what I remember, there shouldn't be a Wal-Mart plastic bag in our room (normally I will just empty the contents in the bag and stuff the empty plasitc bag into the drawer in the kitchen), so I asked him what was in the plastic bag. He brushed it off, saying he can't remember (which is odd as he don't ususally clean up the room by picking up a plastic bag which has been left in the room for quite some time, and if he just emptied the contents, he will surely remember what was in it), but I was so tired I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
After he had his supper, we decided to go to bed, so we carried out the normal procedure - I will bring in whatever that we need to bring into our room, and he will bring in the heater, switching off the light as he leave after I had switched on the light in our room, if not it will be too dark and we won't be able to see anything. When I switched on the light in our room, I was so surprised that I exclaimed so loud he can hear from the living room. This was what I saw on my bedside table.
I was so surprised and happy, I wasn't tired anymore, and went to hug him, and kiss him, and thank him. I kept asking him when did he buy it, because 99% of the time he went out, I was with him (except when he went to work). He didn't want to tell me, saying that some things are best kept as secrets -_-
It must either be the morning he went blading with his colleagues without me as I was so tired and not feeling very well or the night he went out to get a TV with Benny and I didn't go along because it was so late (it's around 1am). They weren't very expensive, but it's the thought that counts. He knew I love chocolate, so he bought Hershey's "Pot of Gold", nicely wrapped in a heart-shape box, and a pink cup with white, brown and pink hearts printed on it. The cup comes with chocolate cookies packaged in a beautiful pink box with brown strips.
I didn't get him anything though, because my initial plan was to make him a scrapbook, but I couldn't get a chance to print out the photos for the scrapbook, so the scrapbook will be given to him on his birthday (12 days away), hopefully.
The weather got a bit colder today, and the wind is really strong. Ash said he heard there will be a thunderstorm coming, which is really bad, because it will get freezing cold at night, and the next few days will be cold too. It's getting so drak now, I think it's going to rain anytime. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought. I can probably see ice dropping down from the sky too, which I missed the last time it rained.
The weekends are coming soon, and I am looking forward to it. That is when Ash will have more time to spend with me, and we can go around Tucson shopping =)
P.S.: Hope all of you had an unforgettable V-day =D

No comments:
Post a Comment